Limited Edition 2015 Martin SS-GP42-15 (#21 of 50) - Toasted Burst w/ Hard Casemartin
Excellent condition Martin SS-GP42-15 acoustic guitar. This is a beautiful instrument crafted by the highest echelon of luthiers in the USA. With its stunning abalone inlay work, this guitar is equal parts a beautiful instrument and a work of art. The binding has a matching abalone inlay around the whole body, with a stunning abalone inlay surrounding the sound hole. Back and sides are a highly flames Hawaiian Koa, and the top is a Adirondack spruce. Electronics are Fishman Aura VT which give an authentic and beautiful amplified sound. Madagascar rosewood binds the fretboard, and a solid top with a toasted sunburst finish completes the look.
This guitar was personally signed by C. F. Martin IV, and features the Martin Vintage Tone System, which uses a unique recipe that is based on the historic torrefaction system. The VTS acts much like a time machine in which Martin can target certain time periods and age the top/braces to that era. This focused method allows Martin's craftsmen and women to recreate not only the pleasing visual aesthetics of a vintage guitar, but also reproduce the special tones previously reserved for vintage instruments.
- Construction: Solid Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue
- Body Size: Grand Performance 14 Fret Non-Cutaway
- Top: Certified European Spruce
- Rosette: Two Ring
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard "X" Scalloped Golden Era Style)
- Top Braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 5/16"
- Back Material: Solid Highly Flamed Koa with Madagascar Rosewood Wedge
- Back Purfling: Style 45 Golden Era with 18 Style Black Fiber on each Side
- Side Material: Solid Highly Flamed Koa
- Endpiece: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/Maple/Black Fiber
- Binding: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Top Inlay Style: Style 42 with Black/Maple/Black Fiber
- Side Inlay: Black/Maple/Black Fiber
- Back Inlay: Black/Maple/Black Fiber
- Neck Material: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Long Diamond/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid Madagascar Rosewood with Select Abalone Tree of Life
- Heelcap: Solid Madagascar Rosewood w/ Black/ Maple/Black Fiber
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-3/4"
- Fingerboard width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8"
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Continuous Tree of Life Pearl Inlay
- Fingerboard Binding: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Finish: Polished Gloss with Toasted Burst Top
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Modified Pyramid with Drop-In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16"
- Saddle: 16" Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Gold Grand Tuners with Butterbean Buttons
- Bridge and End Pins: Bone with Paua Pearl Dots
- Interior Label: Signed by CFM IV
Since 1979, we at Mom's Music have worked hard to make the Louisville, KY music scene something special. Now, we’re working hard to share what makes us great with the world. We take pride in our care and attention to detail regarding every instrument and musician that comes through the store, and every instrument we receive gets a thorough inspection and setup when it arrives in our shop and prior to shipment.
All orders placed will require a signature upon arrival. If a different arrangement is preferred, send us a message or give us a call.
We can ensure that when you visit Mom’s Music, whether online or in-store, you’ll Come Play and Be Happy!
1900 Mellwood Ave, Louisville, KY 40206